Strawberry Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Pancakes are grain-free and gluten-free, with juicy strawberries and melty dark chocolate chips. You’ll want to add these wholesome and fluffy pancakes to your spring brunch menu!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or dairy-free milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy-free
- Optional toppings:
- Maple syrup
- Chopped Strawberries
- Chocolate Chips
- Ground flax seeds or hemp hearts
- Lightly grease a skillet and pre-heat on medium.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 1/2 cup of batter into the heated skillet, and spread it out into a 5-inch circle. (They are large pancakes so I usually cook them one at a time).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the edges start to cook and a few bubbles appear on top. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 4 large pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup and desired toppings.
- I prefer to cook these pancakes in a non-stick skillet. And I like to add a small amount of oil before I cook each pancake so they turn out crispy.
- As these are larger pancakes, I cook them one at a time. You can also make smaller pancakes, and cook more than one at a time. Just remember to reduce the cook time slightly.
- These pancakes are cooked over medium heat. As every stove is different, you may need to increase or decrease the heat slightly to ensure they cook evenly and don’t burn.
- To keep these buckwheat pancakes dairy-free, be sure to use dairy-free milk and chocolate chips. And to keep them gluten-free, ensure your baking powder and spices are gluten-free.
Keywords: buckwheat pancakes, gluten-free pancakes