Air Fryer Salmon Patties are made with fresh salmon, almond flour and a few basic seasonings. They’re gluten-free and dairy-free, and require no bread crumbs or crackers. Serve them up with a side salad or on a burger bun for a filling lunch or dinner!
- 1 small salmon fillet, skin removed (about 5 ounces)
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the salmon fillet into a few pieces and add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Process on high until everything is combined but a few small pieces of salmon, onion and chives remain throughout.
- Shape into 4 patties about 3-inches in diameter and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the patties in a single layer in the bottom of the basket and spray the tops of the patties with cooking spray.
- Air fry on 400F for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- If you can’t find fresh chives, I don’t recommend using dried chives as they don’t have as much flavour. Instead, try using green onion or even fresh dill.
- Don’t skip the step of refrigerating the salmon patties. This helps firm them up and allows the flavours to blend.
- These patties are best served immediately when they’re hot and crispy. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoyed within 3-4 days. They just won’t be crispy when reheated.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fryer salmon cakes, fresh salmon patties, salmon patties with almond flour