Grapefruit Salad with Cilantro and Goat Cheese is refreshing and tart, with mixed greens, herbs and creamy goat cheese, all topped with a citrusy cilantro dressing. It’s great as a side salad or add some protein to make it an entrée!
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, packed, stems mostly removed
- 1 medium-sized pink grapefruit, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
For the salad:
- 4–5 cups greens/herb mix, packed (see note)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed, stems mostly removed
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 large pink grapefruit, sliced with skin on or peeled and split into wedges (see note)
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion, peeled and sliced lengthwise
Make the dressing:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until well combined but bits of cilantro still remain.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Just shake or stir before adding to the salad.
Assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl, add the greens/herb mix, cilantro, goat cheese, grapefruit and onion. Add the desired amount of dressing and toss to combine.
- I used a fresh herb mix that included baby lettuce, red and green chard, arugula, radicchio, parsley, dill, celery leaves and cilantro. If you can’t find a herb mix to purchase, you can make your own by using whatever greens and herbs you have on hand.
- I thinly sliced the grapefruit with the skin on, and added them to the salad. You can also peel the grapefruit, and add slices or chunks to the salad.
- If the extra cilantro is too overpowering for you, just leave it out or substitute more parsley. You can also substitute parsley for cilantro in the dressing, just note it will change the taste.
- If you’re prepping this salad in advance, add the dressing to the salad just before serving to prevent the greens and herbs from wilting.
Keywords: grapefruit, salad, cilantro, lunch, dinner