Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili is thick and creamy, made with fresh veggies, quinoa and avocado. It takes just 20 minutes to prep and 3 hours to cook in your crockpot. You’ll want to add this easy chili recipe to the menu for busy weeknights or game day!
- 4 cups fresh grape or cherry tomatoes, whole
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups button mushrooms, whole
- 2 cups sliced carrots, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, packed and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, stems mostly removed, packed and chopped
- 1 can (540 ml) no salt added red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (398 ml) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Grease the slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the avocado. Stir until combined.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, or until the carrots are tender and the quinoa is cooked.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the chili liquid (be careful as it will be hot) to a blender with the avocado and blend until creamy. Pour into the chili and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4-5 days.
- If you don’t have access to fresh cilantro or basil, you can forego the cilantro or use fresh parsley. You can also replace the fresh basil with one tablespoon of dried basil.
- This chili isn’t overly spicy, so feel free to add more chili powder, or even a dash of crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Cut your veggies into thicker pieces (as called for in the recipe). This will ensure they cook evenly and stay tender.
- This recipe calls for no salt added canned beans and tomato sauce. If you use beans and sauce with salt added, you might want to reduce the amount of salt you add to the chili.
- Be sure to check out the detailed sections above the recipe card for additional advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: crockpot, easy, veggie, meatless, with quinoa, fresh tomatoes