Frozen Strawberry Goat Cheese Bars! This is the gluten-free, healthy-ish summer treat you need in your life! We’re talking sweet and tangy strawberry goat cheese filling meets baked cocoa almond crust! These beauties are perfect to make ahead and store in the freezer for easy summer entertaining or to satisfy that sweet treat craving!
Is there anything better than a frozen treat on a warm summer day?
I’m really hoping you all agree, because I’m sharing another frozen dessert today – these Frozen Strawberry Goat Cheese Bars!
It’s been hot and humid here all week, so I’ve been busy consuming my weight in raspberry nice cream pops and these frozen strawberry goat cheese bars. No judgment please, it’s summer! Besides, when you recipe test as much as I do, you have a freezer full of frozen treats that must be enjoyed.
Unlike nice cream, these Frozen Strawberry Goat Cheese Bars are not dairy-free, but thankfully, goat cheese is a dairy product I can enjoy. And lucky day, it works perfectly in frozen desserts!
Last summer, I shared these Frozen Blackberry Goat Cheese Chocolate Bombs, and if you haven’t made them yet, I highly recommend it. The combo of mashed berries, goat cheese and honey makes a delightfully sweet and tangy filling. And when you pair it with chocolate, it’s just the best thing ever!
So when I recently picked up some fresh local strawberries, I knew I had to make another frozen goat cheese dessert! And after a few variations, these Frozen Strawberry Goat Cheese Bars came to be.
A few tips for making Frozen Strawberry Goat Cheese Bars:
- While these bars are easy to make, they require a bit of time to freeze, so I suggest making them in advance of any gathering – the day before would be perfect.
- I used strawberries in this recipe, but I’m thinking raspberries, blueberries or blackberries would work beautifully too.
- The chocolate drizzle and crushed pistachios on top are totally optional, but as always, highly recommended. I love the crunch it adds to these bars!
That’s it! This one is an easy frozen dessert to help beat the summer heat! If you make it, I would love to know what you think in the comments below, or take a photo and share it on Instagram by tagging @crumbtopbaking!Print
Frozen Strawberry Goat Cheese Bars are gluten-free with a sweet and tangy strawberry goat cheese filling nestled on top of a baked cocoa almond crust!
For the crust:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (100 g package) ground almonds
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup virgin, cold pressed coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- 2 cups chopped strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 300 g package goat cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp virgin, cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios, crushed
For the crust:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8″x 8″ square tart pan.
- In a small bowl, sift together the ground almonds, cocoa and coconut sugar. Add the melted coconut oil and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared tart pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
For the filling:
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, add the strawberries and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes, until strawberries have softened. Remove from heat and mash with a fork. The strawberries will be a little watery. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the goat cheese, honey and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, mix on high until smooth and creamy. Add in the strawberries and mix on high until well combined.
- Pour the filling onto the crust and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours, or until frozen.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the frozen bars, and immediately sprinkle on the crushed pistachios. The chocolate sets quickly on the frozen bars, so if you wait too long to add the pistachios they will not stick to the bars.
- Return to the freezer for a few minutes to let the chocolate set. Remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Store any leftover bars in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Before enjoying a leftover bar, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes so it softens slightly.
Keywords: strawberries, goat cheese, frozen desserts