Spicy Jalapeño Turkey Burgers! Does summer grilling get any better than this? These juicy burgers bring on the heat, with the added flavours of cilantro, onions and lime juice! Pile on your favourite toppings for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Dropping in with a quick recipe today for these Spicy Jalapeño Turkey Burgers. Since Father’s Day is this weekend (I know – where is June going?) and backyard grilling is the perfect way to celebrate, I thought it was a great time to share these burgers with you guys!
Also, this is my go-to burger recipe that I’ve been making for years. So I’m a bit embarrassed that I haven’t shared it with you yet!
So what makes these Spicy Jalapeño Turkey Burgers so great?
- The recipe works with ground turkey, chicken or beef. So it’s versatile. Yay!
- It’s spicy! If you love spicy – like jalapeños, cayenne pepper, cumin, smoked paprika – this burger recipe is for you.
- The combo of the onions, cilantro and lime juice adds a little flavour twist that just takes these burgers to the next level.
- They’re also clean eating…..and super easy to whip up. You can cook them in a skillet on the stove top, or throw them on the BBQ for a quick and healthy meal that has minimal clean up!
Ways to enjoy these Spicy Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
- My favourite way is with a generous serving of guacamole, with some big, leafy greens, a thick slice of tomato and a few rings of raw red onion (as pictured below).
- I’ve also been known to enjoy this turkey burger with a slice of cheddar cheese, lots of mustard and a dill pickle. Sometimes you just gotta keep it simple, right?!
- While I haven’t tried it yet, my next variation will involve sautéed mushrooms and spinach, topped with some feta cheese. You may find that creation on my Instagram feed in the near future.
- When I make burgers, I use a multi-grain One Bun. But when I want to go grain-free, I usually dress these turkey patties up in leaves of boston lettuce. The patties also work well crumbled up on a salad or mixed in with some eggs! Again, versatile! 😉
- And, of course, you might want to consider pairing this burger with a cold beer or a tall glass of sangria! Just sayin’!
So how would you dress up one of these Spicy Jalapeño Turkey Burgers? Let me know in the comments below! And have a great Father’s Day weekend!Print
Spicy Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
Spicy Jalapeño Turkey Burgers bring on the heat, with some added flavour from the cilantro, onions and lime juice. Summer grilling doesn’t get any better than this!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: Dinner; Lunch
- 1 pound (454 g package) of lean ground turkey
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped and stems mostly removed
- 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Grease and pre-heat an outdoor grill or stove top skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well incorporated. Shape into 4 patties and add to the pre-heated grill or skillet.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Flip the patties over and cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Remove from heat and serve with desired toppings.
I suggest using fresh ground turkey, chicken or beef. I’ve tried making these using frozen ground turkey that was thawed overnight in the refrigerator. The patties were wetter and were not as firm. While I was able to cook them in the skillet, they would have fallen apart on the BBQ grill.